Beyond The Wilderness. Work-in-Progress. I call this progress.
I have made this part of the work by projecting a photo I took up onto the white canvas I was made earlier this week.
I had to work on the photo image a little bit first – I put it on the laptop, and worked on it with Photoshop to get it to three shades of grey. This gave it the strong graphic image, almost a bit like a screenprint. I then made up the different shades of paint using acrylic paint mixed with cigarette ash and soil.
The soil and ash have added to the tone of the paint, but have also made it really lumpy, making it impossible to paint a straight line, giving it a more organic feel, which is quite nice. You’ll have to see it in the flesh at the private view next week.
I can’t believe it’s only 5 days away!
Here’s the finished painting part:
Stuck in a traffic jam..